Wednesday 24 February 2010

Halogen Oven Recipes - Garlic Toasts

I made Lasagne yesterday in my silicone lasagne baking tray, and really wanted something extra to go along with it.

We had some left over French baguette from the day before - and it's never so nice as day it is made fresh.
I decided to slice this up into approx 5mm thick rounds. I already had some garlic infused olive oil in the cupboard, so lightly brushed both sides of each piece with the oil using a pastry brush.


Whilst I was doing that, I preheated the halogen cooker to maximum temperature with the high grill in.These literally went on the top rack for about 3 minutes on each side. Don't forget to take the halogen cooker lid off when you are done to let them cool.
They were subtle and had a lovely crunch. I bet they'd be even better with sprinkle of Maldon sea salt as well as the olive oil before toasting. That's the only thing I feel was missing.


Our Halogen ovens are due to arrive back into stock in early May. This time, they will come complete with a full range of accessories - including high rack, low rack, steamer, baking tray, toast rack (for 10 slices), set of skewers, extension ring and lid stand ! Keep an eye on the new website - we'll update everyone who is waiting on stock arriving by email as soon as they get here :-)


Sarah-Jane - http://www.siliconemoulds.com/ February 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed my blog and found it useful. Please do leave any comments you may have - your feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for visiting !