Wednesday 28 April 2010

I Love Cherry Pie !


I do LOVE pie.

It's been a while - far far too long since I last made cherry pie. The longing took over, and as fresh cherries are not currently in season or readily available - I decided to make one with tinned cherries in my lovely heart shaped silicone mould.

This was actually very easy to do - especially as I cheated and used pre-made sweet / dessert shortcrust pastry.

First of all - line the mould with pastry and grease proof paper. Fill with baking beans (or dried rice) and blind bake for 10 to 15 minutes.

Recipe for Filling

2 cans of stoned cherries
juice of the cherries
4 tablespoons of corn flour
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
6 tablespoons of granulated sugar

Mix cornflour and cinnamon with a little cold water. Add in a small small saucepan along with the sugar and juice from the tinned cherries.


Bring up to a simmer (stirring constantly) until mixture is of a thick consistency - similar to wallpaper paste.



Put the cherries into the pastry case and pour filling on top.


Top with pastry (either lattice or full pastry lid) and bake at 200deg C for approx 20 mins.



Allow to cool before turning out.



Sarah-Jane Nash, SiliconeMoulds.com - flexible silicone bakeware. April 2010

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That looks too good for words! I haven't had a cherry pie in maybe 15+ years. But I won't attemp this recipe, I know I'll end up with cherry juice.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed my blog and found it useful. Please do leave any comments you may have - your feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for visiting !