Saturday 5 October 2013

Making Life Size Chocolate Skulls - Includes Tutorial Video - Halloween !


How about making this life - size white chocolate skull for Halloween this year ? 

That's exactly what I did using the Wilton Dimensions 3D Large Skull Pan / Mould.

My skull was 750g of white chocolate. My little boy, Oliver loved smashing it up with a rolling pin ! I've also promised to make one for his class at school. That one is to get stuffed with jelly snakes / worms and used like a pinata for a mini halloween party.

My chocolate skull turned out so well, that due to many requests - I made another chocolate skull and filmed a video tutorial at the same time. See how to make it in the links below.

It's actually quite easy, though you do need to know how to temper chocolate. Other than white couveture chocolate, the only other things you need are modelling chocolate (easy to make) and some luster dust or tint powders to decorate.

Chocolate workshops are now available in our cookery school in Attleborough, Norfolk (UK). We will be running some novelty chocolate classes and chocolate truffle workshops in November and December. Dates to be launched in the next few days.  Keep an eye out on www.siliconemoulds.com for more info.





Here is the fun we had smashing this creation !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed my blog and found it useful. Please do leave any comments you may have - your feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for visiting !