Friday 6 April 2012

Chocolate and Coconut Macarons



Well - it's been a while since I blogged about macarons, and since I've got so many photos and recipes backlogged, it's about time I do.

I made these around mid / end of February and they were a huge hit. One of my favourite flavours to date (along with the blueberry and lemon ones). The coconut filling really packs a punch.

I baked them on the double sided macaron mat and this produced one sheet of large shells (50mm diameter) and one sheet of small cells (30mm diameter).

 More recipes for macarons can also be found on my blog via the drop down menu.


180g icing / powdered sugar
180g ground almonds
40g cocoa powder
180g of egg whites (split into two batches of 90g)
80ml water
200g of caster sugar


For full written instructions for method, see this previous blog post.

Alternatively, see this blog post for video tutorial


Coconut filling :

40g desicated coconut
50ml milk
30ml Malibu (coconut rum)
300g icing sugar
75g butter

Add the Malibu to the coconut and leave to sit for an hour or so.

Make buttercream filling in the normal fashion. Add all the ingredients together and beat for about 5 minutes until smooth and fluffy.

This produced plenty to fill all the macarons and a little left over.

Sarah-Jane Nash - www.siliconemoulds.com

2 comments:

  1. Wow... Scrumptious little macaroon... My boy has been begging me to bake macaroon for him.. I m yet to bake them.. I got d spirit now... TQ.. :)))

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed my blog and found it useful. Please do leave any comments you may have - your feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for visiting !