Monday 14 January 2013

Soft and Chewy, Crisp and Crunchy American Style Cookies


WARNING - these will contain far more calories than you wish to count !

Don't put more than 4 cookies per tray. What starts off looking like an innocent golf ball size lump of cookie dough will make a 4" / 100mm dia cookie .....

From memory, this cookie dough mix makes around 20 cookies. You may want to freeze some to use another day.

250g butter
300g soft brown sugar
150g caster sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
450g plain flour
4 tsp baking powder

Cream butter and sugar together. Mix in eggs and vanilla, followed by flour and baking powder.

 Divide batch in two.

Add 170g tube of Smarties to one batch 

100g chocolate + 3 full size Crunchie Bars (chopped) to the other - or try other candy of your choice.

Weigh into 70g balls. Space well apart then press down  little (just 4 per tray) on baking sheets lined with silicone baking tray liners or baking paper.

180deg C Fan - cook for 10 to 12 mins

Allow to cool for about 5 mins on the tray before transferring to a wire rack.


Oliver, age 4 and Emma age 5.

Best Friend's sharing a picnic - December 2012


These two had a sleep over last weekend at Emma's house..... Unfortunately the terrible two-some were up VERY early - but Victoria was kept entertained by their conversations :


 5.30am conversation went like this : 

Oliver: I'm the heaviest man in the world I am Emma, I could rescue you from anything..
Emma: you're the nicest kindest man ever Oliver I love you..
Oliver: yeah but I need a wee I do....
Emma: save me Oliver there's a t-rex coming ...
Oliver: yeah ok I've finished my wee.....
Both: Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh t-rex run run run arghhhhhhh
Oliver: it's ok Emma I killed it in its heart I saved u..
Emma: oh thanku Oliver you're so kind...
Oliver: I'm so strong I am 
Emma: um shall we make breakfast now.....

Oliver: ok if you want to, yes I do love you Emma




No apologies for all the kiddie photos I'm afraid. This blog is also printed as a hard back book once yearly as a family recipe book and photo diary of my little one growing up.....


On a walk in Thetford Forest mid December with Daddy, Mummy and Kathryn




No mole was safe. Every mole hill for miles was well and truly jumped on.





Oliver proved there was more than one way to get round fallen branches....

Over them and under them in every way possible.



"Can you do this Mummy ?"


"Er.... No....."


Sarah-Jane Nash - www.siliconemoulds.com - January 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed my blog and found it useful. Please do leave any comments you may have - your feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for visiting !