Saturday 22 June 2013

Galloping Gus and Sparkly Shoes - Cake Decorating with Kaysie Lackey


Meet Galloping Gus -  the goofy racehorse. This is my resulting creation of another wonderful cake decorating class with Kaysie Lackey of The People's Cake  at Pretty Witty Cakes in Sussex.

I must say, Kaysie is a wonderful tutor, and I'd highly recommend her classes. This horse cake was no mean feat however. It took 3 days of hard work to create, and we struggled working with chocolate, fondant and cake in warm weather. I was rather amazed I managed to get him home in one piece !


Earlier in the month, I also made took Kaysie's 2 day designer shoe cake class. These glittery high heeled shoes are hand made from chocolate !

Great fun and I've met some lovely girls in the classes this month, whilst upping my skill levels.

Kaysie now also has classes available online via Cake Masters.

Sarah-Jane Nash, June 2013

1 comment:

I hope you have enjoyed my blog and found it useful. Please do leave any comments you may have - your feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for visiting !